Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Poor Fellow - my empathy is in overdrive. Pat :)

So, my friend Brian said his wife was searching Craig's List (a popular online classifieds website) for some furniture and found this posting yesterday:

"Beautiful light blue couch camel-back style. Virtually unused. Why are we selling this couch? Because of the inexplicable vagaries of the female taste. We agonized over the style, the fabric, the pattern--finally made our decision and ordered this custom-made couch from the factory. Unfortunately, once it arrived it was not apparently what she anticipated. Thus it entered our home as in intruder, mocking her sense of style until finally the ultimatum was issed--the couch or me. I love my wife. Please save our marriage. This couch has no wear, no tear, no fading, no stains--why would it? It's never been sat on. I paid a huge amount of money for this piece of furniture and have been storing it for you, I guess. If we were a retail business we would be bankrupt operating like this. Buy high and sell low, that's our motto."

No comments: